Narrow down your search results by using AliExtractors filters.
When you first started browsing products and doing product research, the results on AliExpress may have seemed a little overwhelming. From a few hundred to several thousand possible products and vendors, it is literally information overload.
Don't make the mistake of choosing only from products available on the first 1-5 pages, when trending products and highly rated and reliable vendors may be on page 6 (or 600) depending on the search query.
Filtering your results allows you to streamline the products and vendors by a number of different criteria so that you can make the best decision on products for your eCommerce store.
Open filter tool
Click the filter icon in the top right corner of your screen and the filter toolbar will appear at the top of the product data table.
Filter one column
How would you like to narrow down your results? If you wanted to use the filter to show only products with over 500 reviews, you would find the Reviews column, enter ">500" into the field at the top of the column, and then hit enter.
The < and > symbols actually signify "less than or equal to" and "greater than or equal to". More details on how to create custom filters later in this article.
From here you can...
- go back to all search results (undo filtering) by deleting the parameters and clicking enter
- narrow down the filtered results further by adding parameters to an additional column
Filter additional columns
Leave the first column as is, choose an additional column, and enter parameters there. Your results will now show only the products that meet both parameters.
Creating Effective Custom Filters
Below are some examples of how you can use filters to find the most profitable and relevant products for your store.
Parameters with words
- Product Name
- leather men's will return products with "leather men's" together in the name. This is best used for words that will probably be used together, like "genuine leather".
- leather%mens will return products with both "leather" and "men's" in the name, but not necessarily together or in that order. You could also search three separate words in the same way. Eg. leather%mens%brown.
- -leather will return only products that don't have "leather" anywhere in their name.
- -(leather|wrap) will return only products that don't have "leather" or "wrap" in their name.
Parameters with Numbers
(Note: The < and > signs actually signify "less than or equal to" and "greater than or equal to")
- >4 will return products with a 4 or 5-star rating -- and nothing lower.
- Estimated Revenue/Month
- >2000 will return products that have estimated monthly revenue of $2,000 or more per month. Notice that you don't have to include a dollar sign.
- >1.50&<5 will return products that have between $1.50 and $5.00 in total costs. Don't forget to include the '&' in between the two parts.
Once you have created a filter data set, you can reuse it again by selecting from the filter NAV menu, the option called "Recover and Apply Last Filter Used".