Use this article to better understand the process for listing products in your Facebook Shop. Keep in mind, that this article will assume that you already have a Facebook Shop created.
The first order of business is getting your Shop connected to Dropified.
Adding a Facebook Shop to Dropified
1. Go to https://app.dropified.com/ and click “Add Store”. Select Facebook and click “Continue”.
2. If you are logged into your Facebook account you will see a “Continue as Your Name” button, click the button.
3. You will get redirected to Facebook to accept & grant required permissions. Once you accept all the requirements, you will get redirected back to Dropified. The authorization has been granted, but the shop is not ready quite yet. To complete shop onboarding, select a Facebook page to use and click Authorize.
4. If the steps above are completed successfully, the Facebook store is ready to use. If the store was authorized but not onboarded an orange “Complete Authorization” button will appear next to it on the Manage Stores page.
Next, it's time to add products to your Facebook Shop.
Exporting products to Facebook stores
1. First, you can Import a new product into Dropified using the chrome extension. Ensure to Import the product with the Facebook Shop selected.
2. Next, open the product details page for the imported product. Fill out all required fields (note that the description is a required field for Facebook products):
Important differences with other Dropfied e-commerce platforms:
- Facebook category: “Search category” term needs to be broader. For example, “Hiking Shoes” doesn’t return any category results because the search term is too specific. Instead, use either “Hiking” or “Shoes” search terms. If you still can’t find a category try a more general product keyword, for example, instead of “camera” try “electronics”. Once you select the category from the dropdown, the “Facebook Category ID” field will get automatically updated”.
- Product Page Link: This is a product’s main page. Users will be able to go to the product page to buy it, see more details, etc. This can be a Shopify, WooCommerce, CommerceHQ, or another platform page. For production Facebook stores (as opposed to a test store), it may be important that the page link has the same domain as the domain set in the verified Facebook Business Manager (Best Practices for Domain Verification | Facebook Business Help Center).
- Brand: a required field for Facebook products. It gets automatically derived from the original Supplier name but should be updated to the user’s brand.
- Description: a required field for Facebook products. Facebook doesn’t support HTML descriptions, so this must be a plain text value.
3. Once all required fields are filled, click “Send to My Store”. The product will first get saved and then queued for export. Facebook exports may take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour.
4. On a page refresh, this alert will be shown until the product is published on Facebook.
Finally, review your exported product in the Facebook Shop.
Viewing exported products on Facebook
1. There are two places where exported products can be viewed:
- Through the commerce manager or directly on a Facebook page.
- The difference between the two is that all products are visible through the commerce manager (including products with issues), while only publicly visible products are visible through the Page view.
First Method: Using Commerce Manager
1. Go to Commerce Manager and select the Business Manager from the drop-down menu on the left, then click on the Commerce Manager to which you exported products (from the “Shops” container).
2. Then on the left navigation panel, click Catalog -> Items. The products and all variants will be listed there.
Second Method: Using Facebook Page
1. From the Commerce Manager, select the Business manager from the dropdown on the left and click on the Facebook page to which you exported products (in the Shops Container).
2. While on the Overview page of the commerce manager for the page, scroll down until you see the “Sales channels” card and click on the Facebook page.
3. Once you are redirected to the Facebook page, click the “Shop” button.
4. Click “View all products”.